Report: Suspects accept 50lbs of marijuana from undercover officer | News
BERKELEY COUNTY, SC (WCSC)- Berkeley County and Orangeburg County Sheriff Deputies have arrested two men who officials say knowingly accepted a total of 50-pounds of marijuana from an undercover officer.
Don Antonio Jackson, 25, and Christopher Renard Hawkins, 45, have been charged with trafficking marijuana. Jackson received an additional charge for possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
According to an incident report, Jackson and Hawkins each accepted a package containing 25-pounds of marijuana from an undercover officer posing as a delivery man on Friday, November 16. The delivery was made at their residence on Richardson Street in Cross.
Deputies say both men knew they were accepting a package containing marijuana.
The delivery was made as part of an undercover investigation.
Deputies say Jackson was carrying a loaded Smith and Wesson 9mm handgun at the time of the arrest.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Goose Creek - Berkeley County - Moncks Corner
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dorchester investigators charge man for Harleyville home invasion
- Several Christmas parades set for this weekend
- Summerville Baptist Church presents Lowcountry Singing Christmas Tree
- Live 5 Investigates: Big crime problems in small Summerville apt. complex
- Crews clear I-26 westbound accident in Summerville