Report: Man dies of injuries following shooting at home recording studio | News
BERKELEY COUNTY, SC (WCSC)- The Berkeley County Sheriff's Office has released new information regarding a 34-year-old man who died on Wednesday from a shooting that happened last month in Moncks Corner.
According to investigators, Jerrett Garnett was shot at a home recording studio on Old Whitesville Road on Dec. 20. Coroner Bill Salisbury said Garnett died of his injuries on Wednesday at MUSC.
Deputies responded to a home on Old Whitesville Road at 7:45 p.m. for a report of a man that was shot in the back. The victim was found sitting in a chair at the kitchen.
Investigators say they found several bullet holes throughout a recording studio that was located behind the home. A witness said he heard what sounded like firecrackers when he was inside the studio, then saw the victim was injured.
According to the witness, he then ran outside and realized that they were being shot at. Authorities also located bullet holes in two vehicles that were in the driveway.
Garnett's death is being investigated by the coroner's office and the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Berkeley County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Widespread Panic to return to Lowcountry
- Tickets go on sale for The Killers at Family Circle Stadium Aug. 13
- Man accused of stealing nearly $3k worth of equipment from construction site
- Barenaked Ladies, Ben Folds Five hit Daniel Island July 27
- Annual Charity Duck Race to fill the Wando River with rubber duckies